Swan Army Barracks West Wing
2 Francis St, Perth, WA, 6000
The red brick, two storey east wing was constructed along the Francis Street boundary of the barracks from 1939-41 and reflects the functional simplicity and military severity in its detail of the ‘modern style’ typical of the late 1930’s. There is a sophisticated use of decorative brickwork on the parapet and over the vehicular entries which lends character to the building. The lovely stylised metal gates are still there.