Lawson Apartments (1937) 4 Sherwood Court, Perth.
Architects: Hennessey and Hennessey with R. Summerhayes. These apartment towers are of brick, faced with imitation stone. The simple lines and gentle colour contrast with the cinema style. Note the balanced horizontal (decorated) and vertical lines, distinctive corner entry topped by a decorative motif and placement of windows and balconies. There is a slight Spanish influence in its external appearance. Used in WW ll as the WA State Cabinet headquarters, it now houses the Karrakatta Club, Australia’s first women’s club.