Former Perth Girl’s School
Former Perth Girl’s School and Police Traffic Branch, East Perth, corner of Wellington and Plain Streets (1934).
Architect A.E. Clare (Govt. Architect). Built as Perth Girl’s School, this building received an architectural award for workmanship and use of local materials. The monumental style brick building is rendered to simulate stone, and the pyramidal roofs show Art Deco ‘Egyptian’ influences. Note the symmetry around the central tower and the balance of vertical and horizontal elements.