Royal Perth Hospital, Block A
Royal Perth Hospital, Block A (1939-1956) . Wellington St (South), Perth
Architect: A.E. Clare (Govt. Architect ).Opened in June 1948. This was the largest government building project of its time. The essentially simple form features a large Deco entrance portico featuring ceramic tiles on curved wings and cinema-style recessed light fittings. Note the continuous horizontal line of cantilevered balconies balancing the verticals.