Peace Memorial Rose Garden
Peace Memorial Rose Garden (1950) Stirling Highway between Louise and Vincent Streets. These beautiful gardens were designed by William G. Bennett and Associates in an honorary capacity and dedicated to the Governor of the day, Sir James Mitchell. They were established to commemorate the soldiers who gave their lives in the two World Wars. The garden is a fine and rare example of a dynamic War Memorial when compared to the statues or cenotaphs usually erected, and houses 2,000 rose bushes.