Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Guildford Town Hall

  Guildford Town Hall (1937) cnr Meadow St and James St ,Guildford.  Eales,Cohen and Fitzhardinge who also built the Applecross Town Hall. It is built in the classic...

Read More

Slovenian Hall

  Slovenian Hall (Formerly Regent Picture Theatre and Gardens) 129–133 James St, Guildford. Also known as Garne Hall. Architect: Samuel Rosenthal. It was...

Read More

Guildford Fire Station

Guildford Fire Station (1934) Meadow St , Guildford. Built by KC Duncan. He was a fireman with the Guildford Volunteers and went on to design many fire stations in WA....

Read More

Sesco Security Building

Sesco Security  Sesco Security, 215 James St. Guildford (1937) Designed by Mr K.C. Duncan as the Swan Building Society- originally located in part of old convict depot...

Read More

Civic Hotel

Civic Hotel (1940) 981 Beaufort St, Inglewood. The Inter-War Art Deco designed hotel, located at created a social gathering place for local residents. It remains a...

Read More

Inglewood Hotel

Inglewood Hotel (1936)  803 Beaufort St, Mt Lawley. The heritage listed Spanish Mission style hotel was built after the local residents petitioned for a licensed venue...

Read More

St. Patrick’s Mt Lawley (1936)

St. Patrick’s Mt Lawley (1936) 717 Beaufort St, Mt Lawley Designed by Herbert Parry and Marshall Clifton and consecrated by the Bishop Le Fanu, this tall and...

Read More

Waihemo Flats

Waihemo Flats ( 1930’s) 684-686 Beaufort St, Mt Lawley.  An example of Art Deco flats with raised lettering, curved balustrade visible from the front, glass...

Read More

Commonwealth Bank Building (1938)

Commonwealth Bank Building (1938) 672 A Beaufort, Mt Lawley Constructed by A.Hill and is a streamlined version of an earlier classical style, has horizontal banding and...

Read More

Astor Theatre (1939)

Astor Theatre (1939)  Beaufort and Walcott Streets intersection, Mt Lawley. This cinema was originally named the Lyceum Theatre and extensively refurbished in the...

Read More

Walcott St and Beaufort St corner

Walcott St and Beaufort St corner, Mt Lawley This corner is a major landmark due to the Alexander Buildings and the Beaucott Buildings together with the Astor Cinema...

Read More

Beaucott Building ( 1938)

Beaucott Building  ( 1938) Walcott and Beaufort corner, Mt Lawley. Eye-catching lettering spells out the name on this well known William G. Bennett designed edifice and...

Read More

636-646 Beaufort St

Guzman Y Gomez Mexican Restaurant ( previously Planet Video and the Star Garage) situated on the south-east corner of Walcott and Beaufort streets. Star garage...

Read More

Alexander Buildings (1938)

  Alexander Buildings  (1938), corner of Walcott and Beaufort St , Mt Lawley Contains all the criteria of an Art Deco building with a corner façade, chevrons and...

Read More

Clarke building (1934)

Clarke building  (1934) Beaufort St, Mt Lawley. This building displayed early signs of the Modernist movement. It is now the Flying Scotsman  and...

Read More