Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Lawson Apartments

  Lawson Apartments (1937) 4 Sherwood Court, Perth. Architects: Hennessey and Hennessey with R. Summerhayes. These apartment towers are of brick, faced with...

Read More

J.J.Talbot Hobbs Memorial Statue

J.J.Talbot Hobbs Memorial Statue (1940) facing  Barrack St.in the Supreme Court Gardens, Perth. Designers Hobbs Winning and Leighton architects; Sculptor : Edward...

Read More

Malaysian Airline Building

Malaysian Airline Building (1930) 56 William St,  Perth.                                           Architects: Hobbs, Forbes and Smith. It  was built for P&O...

Read More

Walshes Building

    Walshes Building Formerly  Economic Stores Ltd, taken over by Cox Brothers in 1952 –  Built on the corner of William and Hay Streets in 1923 by...

Read More

Devon House

      Devon House (1937) 729 Hay St, Perth.                                                                                  Architect: William T....

Read More

Wentworth Plaza Hotel

        Wentworth Plaza Hotel (1928 ) cnr Murray and William St , Perth. Situated on the corner, this two story building in in the Inter-War art...

Read More

Dynon’s China Hall Building

Dynon’s China Hall Building  (1920) 905 Hay st, Perth.                                             The facade is all that is left today of the building. It was...

Read More

Harper’s Building

Harper’s Building (1937) 810-824 Hay St (North), Perth.                                             Architects: E and R Summerhayes. Created for the gold mining manager...

Read More

Former Bank of New South Wales

Former Bank of New South Wales (mid  1930’s/2003) Hay St.  (South), Perth. This elegant building is in the stripped classical style, still popular in the 1930’s. Note...

Read More

Former Motor House

Former Motor House,(1937/1990) Milligan Street looking north, Perth. Mid 1930’s designed by Powell, Cameron and Chisolm (in association with William G. Bennett) This...

Read More

West End Apartments

  SE Corner: West End Apartments (1933/1995)  Only the façade remains of  commercial premises utilised by the Pearl and Dean film company, who made local...

Read More

Howling’s Bar

  Howling’s Bar Building  formerly Nine Mary’s Restaurant (1936/2002) Cnr. Hay and Milligan Streets, Perth. The façade of the old Hugh Howling Pharmacy...

Read More

Red Sky Building

Red Sky Building (mid 1930’s) 471 Murray Street (South), Perth. Once a motor showroom, built to meet the rising demand for motor vehicles. In true Art Deco style there...

Read More

Hotel Milligan

453 Murray St The centre of Hotel Milligan (1930) is Pearl Villa (1886)- being the first substantial home constructed on this particular city block. While awaiting full...

Read More

First Church of Christ Scientist

First Church of Christ Scientist (1939) Elder St at the top of St. George’s Terrace , 264 St George’s Terrace ,Perth (opp.Old Barracks Arch). Architects: Ochiltree...

Read More

McNess Fountain

McNess Fountain (1931) Cnr. St George’s Terrace and Mount St, Perth.                    Set in a shady park, this early Deco Memorial fountain is made of Donnybrook...

Read More