Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Former Perth Girl’s School

      Former Perth Girl’s School and Police Traffic Branch, East Perth, corner of Wellington and Plain Streets (1934).   Architect A.E. Clare...

Read More

Mercedes College Music Rooms

Mercedes College Music Rooms (1937) previously Rostrevor Flats Corner of Goderich and Hill Streets, East Perth. Architects: Cavanagh and Cavanagh.This was once a...

Read More

Carlton Hotel

Carlton Hotel ( 1928) 248-260 Hay St (cnr Goderich St) East Perth.                            Architects: Eales and Cohen, it was the first hotel to incorporate...

Read More

Country Health Services Building

Country Health Services Building (1936)  189 Wellington St (South), Perth. Formerly the Perth Dental Hospital until 2001.This dignified building by Architect Reg...

Read More

UWA School of Medicine Building

UWA School of Medicine Building (1934) Victoria Square ,Perth (adjacent to hospital entrance). This modest brick building hints at a conservative Deco style. Its simple...

Read More

Royal Perth Hospital, Block A

Royal Perth Hospital, Block A (1939-1956) . Wellington St (South), Perth Architect: A.E. Clare (Govt. Architect ).Opened in June 1948.  This was the largest government...

Read More

Perth City YHA

Perth City  YHA (1939) 298-300 Wellington St (North) Perth. Architects:  Ochiltree and Hargrave. Once the St. John’s Ambulance Building, this symmetrical structure is...

Read More

Grand Central Backpackers

Grand Central Backpackers (1884, refurbished c.1930 1993) 379 Wellington St (South) Perth.                                                                              ...

Read More

Taka Japanese Restaurant Café

Taka Japanese Restaurant Café (c. 1938) Cnr. Barrack and Wellington Streets, Perth. The corner curve echoes the original Art Deco styled Masel Building. This commercial...

Read More

Bon Marche Arcade

      Bon Marché Arcade 78-84 Barrack St, Perth is one of the city’s oldest arcades and once home to a popular department store. A commercial...

Read More

Criterion Hotel

      Criterion Hotel (1937) 560 Hay St, Perth. Architects:  Hobbs and Forbes. Formerly named the Regatta Hotel, is the site of this last remaining Art...

Read More

Plaza Theatre and Arcade

      Plaza Theatre and Arcade ( 1937) 650 Hay St, Perth. Architect: W.G.Bennett (with Taylor and Soilleux) . The first purpose-designed Art Deco cinema...

Read More

Perth GPO Building

Perth GPO Building Forrest Place, Perth. This building is in the Beaux-Arts style and is a fine example of monumental civic architecture. It demonstrates the use of...

Read More

Former Commonwealth Bank

Former Commonwealth Bank (1930) Opposite the Murray St. end of Piccadilly Arcade, Perth. This building demonstrates continuation of the Classical style. Both the GPO...

Read More

Piccadilly Theatre and Arcade

            Piccadilly Theatre and Arcade (1938) 704 Hay St, Perth.                                           Architect: William T....

Read More

London Court (1937)

London Court (1937) Opposite Plaza Arcade in Hay St. down to St. George’s Terrace, Perth. This eccentric ‘street’ in the Mock or Tudor Revival style was perhaps a...

Read More

Phoenix House

      Phoenix House (1930) Also known as The Atlas Building, 8-10 The Esplanade, Perth. Architect: F.G.B.Hawkins. This classically styled building for...

Read More

Lawson Apartments

  Lawson Apartments (1937) 4 Sherwood Court, Perth. Architects: Hennessey and Hennessey with R. Summerhayes. These apartment towers are of brick, faced with...

Read More

J.J.Talbot Hobbs Memorial Statue

J.J.Talbot Hobbs Memorial Statue (1940) facing  Barrack St.in the Supreme Court Gardens, Perth. Designers Hobbs Winning and Leighton architects; Sculptor : Edward...

Read More